Udgeeth Pranayama is also known as “Omkari Japa”. This is a very simple type of pranayama and meditation practice. A person who wakes up in the morning and practices Udta Pranayama every day enjoys many physical and spiritual benefits. It helps you deal with anxiety, guilt, resentment, sadness, and fear. Blood starts circulating properly in the body, due to which a divine glow comes on the face of the person.
Meaning of Origins
According to Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Udgeeth Pranayama is one of the simple pranayama. “Udgith” in Sanskrit means to sing aloud. Udgeeth Pranayama involves chanting “ॐ” on every exhalation, hence it is also known as Omkari chanting, ॐ is a “special” place in Sanatan Dharma of the word, it is used in prayer, rituals. By chanting ॐ, a person is purified and can get rid of many diseases. There are many health benefits of doing yoga asanas that you can get by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
How to do Udgeeth Pranayama
- Before performing Udgeeth Pranayama, practice Bhramari Pranayama.
- Sit in Padmasana, Sukhasana or Siddhasana.
- It is believed that while sitting in front of the pranayama, sitting in the east direction is more beneficial.
- Leave your body loose, do not strain any part of the body, and keep your back straight.
- Attach the index finger and thumb tip of both hands.
- Close your eyes and concentrate.
- Before starting Udgeeth Pranayama take a breath and release and recite Om while inhaling and exhaling.
- Chant the whole sound with the rhythm of Omamamamamamam.
- Repeat this process 5–11 times.
Period of Udgeeth Pranayama.
- Take 3-5 seconds while breathing and while exiting.
- There is no time limit for chanting Omkar, if you are doing it for the first time, do it only 3 times on the first day. After that, increase the duration of your practice every day.
- After daily practice, this pranayama can be done for 10-20 minutes without stopping.
- Perfect time to perform Udgeeth Pranayama.
- Practicing Udgeeth Pranayama before sunrise in the morning gives more benefits.
- If you are not used to getting up early in the morning, you can do it before 8 am.
- You can practice this pranayama even 2-3 hours after dinner.
Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama
- This pranayama can also be practiced by a child of 4-5 years.
- Memory power increases: – Its regular practice increases memory power. Remembrance power is always dependent on meditation and concentration of mind. The more attention we focus on that side, the more intense our thought power will be.
- Calm the mind and mind: – By its regular practice, the mental tension is calmed by removing mental tension. Medical science considers the cause of depression as a lack of neurotransmitters like cirrotonin, nar-adrenaline, and dopamine. So to get rid of all this, do Bhramari Pranayama.
- Get rid of sleep: – By doing this, sleep becomes good. It is necessary to get a good sleep as it removes fatigue and fills the body with energy, strength, and strength. If your sleep is not completely well then it can prove fatal for you. If you have sleep problems, then you can get rid of the problem of sleeplessness by practicing this Pranayama.
- Reduce high blood pressure: – It is beneficial in high blood temperature. Hypertension or hypertension, sometimes referred to as arterial hypertension, is a chronic medical condition in which blood pressure in the arteries increases. For this reason, the heart needs to work more than normal to maintain blood flow in the blood arteries.
- Keeps the nervous system right: – Eliminates all the problems related to the nervous system. The nervous system, the nervous system, is called the emperor of the body, there will be no exaggeration because the brain is also included in this system. If this system is affected by some disease or disorder, then it becomes difficult to control it.
- Beneficial in constipation and acidity: – Regular practice of this pranayama can help in relieving constipation and acidity. Constipation is a condition of the digestive system in which a person’s (or animal’s) stool becomes very hard and has difficulty in bowel movement. Constipation is a condition of natural alteration of the stomach in which the amount of excreta is reduced.
- To increase positive thinking: – By regular practice of this pranayama, we can increase our memory and positive thinking. When our thinking becomes positive then its results also start coming positive. And at the same time, its practice brings peace to the mind and brain.
- Increases concentration: – The concentration of mind and brain increases. Although increasing concentration is a difficult task, it is not impossible. Steadiness is very important to increase concentration.
- For pregnant women: – The practice of this pranayama greatly benefits the pregnant women, because of the normal delivery, the child is born.
- Although the Udgeeth Pranayama does not have any harmful effects. But doing it improperly can cause some small problems.
- Practice this on an empty stomach or 4-5 hours after a meal.
- Try to do Pranayama before sunrise in the morning, by doing this you will get more benefits.
- If you feel tired during exercise, rest for a while.
- Pranayama sitting in the wrong posture