With next-generation AC WiFi technology, the Netgear EX6100 Setup optimizes your current internet range and extends it to hard-to-reach places. The Netgear EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender provides easy WiFi access and speed for smartphones, computers, tablets, laptops, and other devices.
When you buy a brand new Netgear EX6100 AC750 WiFi range extender, it comes with a manual.
Netgear EX6100 Setup | AC750
Installing Netgear with the Netgear Installation Assistant
To use the Netgear installation assistant to set up your Netgear EX6100 extender, follow these steps:
- Connect your Netgear EX6100 range extender to an outlet close to your current WiFi router.
- Wait for the Power LED on your Netgear EX6100 extender to turn solid green for a few minutes.
- Connect your Netgear EX6100 extender to your computer or laptop. The Client Link LED will blink once the connection with your WiFi-enabled computer has been built successfully.
- Open a web browser on your linked screen.
- In the web browser’s address area, type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- The page Netgear Extender Setup appears.
- On the extender setup page, fill in the fields and press the NEXT button.
- Click the Continue button after selecting the WiFi range extender.
- Select the network you want to extend from your current WiFi router and press the NEXT button.
- Click the NEXT button after entering the network password in the network key (password) field.
- Set your Netgear EX6100 extender SSID and network name, then press the NEXT button.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear WiFi range extender and press the CONTINUE button to continue.
- A message verifying that your Netgear EX6100 extender is attached and ready will now appear.
- Then press the NEXT button.
- To finish the Netgear EX6100 Setup, fill out the registration fields and press the FINISH button.
Unplug your Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender and relocate it to a new position halfway between your current router and the place with a weak WiFi signal.
Netgear AC750 Setup
Using the WPS button
- First and foremost, double-check that yourNetgear EX6100 WiFi range extender is plugged into a wall socket.
- On your Netgear EX6100 extender, look for the WPS button.
- For 15-20 seconds, press and hold the WPS button on your EX6100. Your range extender’s WPS LED will begin to blink.
- Click the WPS button on your main router as well within a few minutes. Your Netgear EX6100 extender WPS LED will turn solid green, and the 2.4 GHz (Gigahertz) Connection Rate LED will illuminate.
Note: If your current WiFi router supports the 5 GHz (Gigahertz) band, just repeat steps 1 and 2 and add your Netgear EX6100 extender to that band.